Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter Outside, Spring on My Fingers!

It's been so cold and grey outside lately and I decided to brighten up my life by adding some spring to my nails.  This is the first time I am trying to paint flowers on my nails and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I started by painting my nails with two coats of Revlon Sheer Petal, a sheer pink.  After that was completely dry I painted on little red blobs using red acrylic paint and a thin nail art brush.

IMG_0132

Looks easy enough so far right?  Next I mixed the red acrylic paint with some white to make a pinkish-red color that is just a few shades lighter than the red.  I dabbed the pinkish-red paint in the middle of the red blobs.  

IMG_0137

Next I added tiny black dots in the middle.

IMG_0140

Then I used green to add a few leaves.  I let it dry for 5 minutes before adding the topcoat.

IMG_0144

Keep in mind when using acrylic paints that the colors get brighter and the paint smooths out once you add the top coat.  It looks really cute and was easy, even when I was painting with my left hand!  This manicure is a cute, simple pattern and I will definitely experiment more with acrylic paints and flower patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment