Monday, March 11, 2013

Glitter Gradient


This was my sad attempt at a glitter gradient. My biggest issue with this mani was that my main glitter polish (Rockstar Pink) was WAY thicker than I though it was. I thought it had a sheer base, and it does, but it is so packed with glitter and REALLY thick that it can be used on its own and cover completely. Usually when I do a glitter gradient I can get away with just using the brush and not have to use the sponge technique. In the case of this polish, I should have used the sponge. 





My base color is Zoya Sweet, a perfect bubblegum pink. Then I tried to layer the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink, a purple/pink/blue micro-glitter. To add a little extra bling, because you know I love bling, I put some OPI G-listen to Your Heart near the base of the nail, a chunky hex bright pink glitter. Unfortunately, the color of this glitter doesn't stand out enough against the Rockstar  Pink; even in the sunlight you can barely see it.








I like that this mani is sparkly and I really want to try Rockstar Pink on its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment