Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nails All Jeweled Up

I've been trying to expand my nail art skills beyond a simple accent nail. I'm not the greatest at coming up with ideas for nail art though. If I see something I like, I can usually emulate it to a certain extent. 

Dressed Up Nails is one of my favorite bloggers. She comes up with awesome designs that are simple yet intricate. I've figured out that I can use a dotting tool pretty well, so I'll stick with that. :)

This was a something she did that I loved. Of course she did it better, and I liked her color combo better too. (Click the link above to see her beautiful mani.) It took a few nails before I got into the hang of it.

My base color is Maybelline Limited Edition Color Show Coral Glow that I won from the 'Copy this Mani' contest at Get Nailed Here. The darker color is Sinful Shine Steel Reserve and the jeweled color is Essie Beyond Cosy.


All I used to create this design was different sized dotting tools. Can you tell I started on the pinky? Splotchy mess! I also did this mani fairly late at night. I didn't notice until the next morning that some outer spots were left un-blinged! HAHA That should totally be a word! But I did this on both hands, on more than one finger. What the??? I was probably watching Real Housewives of NJ and was really distracted. LOL


I'm pretty proud of the fact that I was able to pull off this design on BOTH hands. It's possible my right hands looks better than my left hand. Thoughts?


XOXO Nail Addicted Sisters

~Erika

1 comment: