Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year…Belated!!

We are well into 2014, this I know, but Nail Addicted Sisters would like to wish you and yours and very happy new year.

For our first post of the new year I wanted to share with you my mani I attempted to for New Year's Eve. I say attempted because it didn't make it more than a few hours. I'll get to that later.



I guess I would call this a fishbone french manicure. I had seen something that inspired this mani that was  more of pointed french tip and this is what I came up with. I used a thin striping brush to freehand everything so each fingernail is slightly different.


From cuticle to tip, the colors I used are: Essie Mademoiselle, Zoya Trixie, Polish Yer Hooves Milky Way, and MOD Lacquer Thunderbird. I absolutely loved the way all of these colors complimented one another and more importantly SPARKLED!!


The problem I had was that none of these polishes were opaque with one coat. Therefore, in some spots I ended up with up to EIGHT coats of polish, TEN if you count base and top coat. While I left hours for this mani to dry, and it was fine while I did my daily activities, it all came crashing down when it was time to take a shower. :( I didn't realize half my polish was GONE till I got out of the shower. Needless to say I went to New Year's Eve dinner with my family with NAKED NAILS. MY WORST NIGHTMARE!!! LOL

Anyway, I was glad I had taken pics and am able to share it with you. I hope you are all have a great new year. 

XOXO Nail Addicted Sisters
~Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment