Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sparkly Blue

This is another mani I have hoarded for occasions like these when my nails are not photographable just yet. They are definitely getting better, but they aren't growing as fast as I thought they would be with the gel on them. Also, the SensatioNail gel formula doesn't seem to be agreeing with my nails. I am getting bad chipping at the tips within days. 

I have taken to the cyber world to ask for help and I found a magnificent blogger who is an expert at home gel manis. Michelle from Manic Talons wrote this great post about gel nails lifting and chipping. I asked her about what I should do and she suggested I try Gelish instead. So, I ran right out to my local Sally's and bought some. That will be my next step- soaking these bad boys off and starting over with the Gelish only. I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes.




For this spectacular mani I started with a black base, OPI Black Onyx (I call the the best black because it's opaque in one coat).  On the accent finger I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Mermaid's Tail. This polish is gorgeous! It has a mix of green and blue hexes in a black jelly base. I haven't tried this on its own, but I'm sure it's wonderful.




The rest of my nails are done with Sinful Colors After Party. This polish has all blue, mixed shaped glitters in a clear base. If you don't have any of these sparkly glitters from SC you must try them. They have a great formula and look stunning!! For $1.99 they are a must have!!!




My nails look so long in these pics. I hope they get back to that soon and stay that way. I swear I would have acrylics on right now if they weren't so damn expensive!!! 



Please don't miss entering our current giveaway! The prizes are beautiful!! Click here to enter.


XOXO Nail Addicted Sisters
~Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment